If you think you know all there is to know about dry mouth, it’s time to test your knowledge! The more you know about dry mouth, the better. In fact, the more you know, the better chance you have of preventing and treating the problem. So, our dentist, Dr. Manieka L. Green, encourages you to test your dry mouth knowledge and maybe even learn something new by taking the following dry mouth quiz:
1. True or False: Dry mouth involves inadequate production of saliva.
2. True or False: Dry mouth decreases your chances of having cavities.
3. True or False: Saliva isn’t needed because it doesn’t do much for the mouth.
4. Dry mouth can be caused by:
B. Certain medications
D. Cancer therapy
E. Autoimmune disorders
G. All of the above
5. Dry mouth can be prevented by:
A. Sipping water throughout the day
B. Chewing sugar-free gum regularly
C. Avoiding tobacco products
D. Avoiding caffeine and sugary and acidic foods and drinks
E. All of the above
2. B (It increases your chances)
3. B (Saliva is very important because it cleans the mouth regularly)
Call Oasis Family Dentistry today at 480-926-4498 if you have any questions or if you would like to know more. Our dental team will be happy to tell you all about dry mouth in Gilbert, Arizona, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from and helping you!