Have you ever heard of dental sealants? Did you know that dental sealants are tooth restorations designed to improve your smile by adding an additional layer of protection consisting of a thin coating applied directly to the chewing surfaces of teeth? Dental sealants are designed to help protect your teeth against cavities and erosion and are most helpful when placed on your premolars and molars. Other benefits of dental sealants include the following:
– A single dental sealant application can last up to a decade before a repair or replacement will be required.
– Dental sealant applications can provide additional enamel protection because they are resistant to acids that can wear through your tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants can lower your risk of tooth decay by as much as 80%.
– Dental sealants will not cover up the natural beauty of your teeth as they go on clear.
– Studies by the Center for Disease Control have effectively shown that children with sealants in place are three times less likely to have cavities on protected teeth.
– Dental sealants can be placed at a very young age and can even be put on children under 6 as soon as their first molars begin to grow in.
To make sure your oral health remains in peak condition, please schedule an appointment with Oasis Family Dentistry at our office in Gilbert, Arizona by calling us at 480-926-4498. Dr. Manieka L. Green and our team can help you with the application of dental sealants.